All aboard. People I very much appreciate:

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

ORNITHO-PAREIDOLIA

 
[Normaphoto]    

I am using backlog Normaphotos here and elsewhere because google seems to have completed modification of their (once free) image-storage-retouching site. I could be wrong because it happened while I was in hospital for brain surgery and since release I have improved mainly from just forgetting to forgetting what I forgot. Is anybody working on this? 

Incidentally, human brain only weighs about three pounds but contains about 100 billion neurons. Those cells are in constant congress with one another, which is why we might see a birdlike face in a peeling piece of eucalyptus bark. That's pareidolia fer- all-a-ya.

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. I saw the bird immediately. I like this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma. The photo is one I've always enjoyed; the way sunshine furnished (via the reflective plant behind the tree) a glint in the "bird's eye.

      Delete
  2. In grad school, at Berkeley, I lived in Sonoma Co, and on weekends often drove over to the coast from Sebastapol, and down to Bolinas and Stinson Beach. The highway then Ca 1, was winding, narrow, and often lined with eucalyptus trees, and I remember the smell, driving through groves of them. A fine memory you've stirred, Geo. Thank you. Just for a bit I felt young again, with the world ahead of me, med school later, and life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you mentioned my old stomping grounds, Mike. Good times. Also enjoyed your eucalyptus memories. Had to clear one out 35 years ago to build the barn. My brother dropped by and loaded up the firewood. A year later he told me his whole neighborhood smelled like Vicks Vapo-rub.

      Delete
  3. Geo, you've been bouncing around in what's left of my mind. I hope you're well now. Have wonderful holidays and a healthier, happier 2024. And that bird is unsettling. lol
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Austan, So good to hear from you! Yes I mend: am nearly in agreement with the laws of gravity. Sunday I turn 74 and am still learning to walk --but delight in trees who advertise welcome to birds.

      Delete

Please comment! Stats are just numbers and don't really represent you. I need to read what you think and thank you.