All aboard. People I very much appreciate:

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Monumental Inaccuracy

 
As can be seen in this Normaphoto, the figures of ... 

                                         [Normaphoto in Golden Gate Park,San Francisco]
 ... two Weimar "sturm und strang" luminaries in poetry/dramatic arts, Johann Goethe and Friedrich Schiller, have been updated. 
 
Unfortunately, the modification has proved less than successful. As the photo shows, Schiller is depicted as shorter and older than his friend, Goethe, when in reality he was 19 centimeters taller and 10 years younger.
 
 

 

4 comments:

  1. And, Schiller was a physician...I should point out the Weimar wasn't formed until 1918..rather after these two distinguished gentlemen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A valid point, Mike. I tried reversing the pedestal so the names would be right but it was too dang heavy. Left the dates alone.

      Delete
  2. I don't know.... looks accurate to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, Emma. I always strive for accuracy when presenting enigmas.

      Delete

Please comment! Stats are just numbers and don't really represent you. I need to read what you think and thank you.