All aboard. People I very much appreciate:

Sunday, November 19, 2023

Dawn of the Romantic Era

  

[page: Mr. Rexroth's book "100 More Poems from the Japanese"]
[geodoodle:  Masaoka-san looking up at Kenneth Rexroth's translations] 

[geopoem: with Masaoka Shiki's poem in mind after snow trip in Sierras around 40 years ago]

I suspect it would be useful to send and receive thoughts back and forth trough time in positive and constructive ways, sort of like a cultural climacteric. A good example would be Austria, around year 1800, when Classical music went through Schuberty.


 

4 comments:

  1. I have nothing original to offer,
    It's beyond me
    To be that clever....

    Or, from Issa:
    mosquito at my ear—
    does it think
    i'm deaf?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dear Mike. Your encouraging comment and sample of Issa's gentle humor are much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed the thoughts of the poem. It evoked some strange emotions in me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very glad you enjoyed the poem, Emma. Sometimes strange emotions are best addressed in poetry.

      Delete

Please comment! Stats are just numbers and don't really represent you. I need to read what you think and thank you.